The past few weeks have been crazy. We have moved into the new house. We got DSL and cable. Furniture has been moved in and out and such, and we finally have all of our things that were shipped over here! The house is looking great and we only have a few boxes left to unpack. Unfortunately at first we had a bit of a roach problem, but I have been persistently killing them all and haven't seen one in quite a while. Perhaps they're just hiding better. I think the people who lived here last were not the cleanest folks. Kinda like moving into a dorm room previously occupied by boys. We have a little garden, too, in the front and also in the back yard. I've been working on it a bit and I've discovered that either I have a bit of a green thumb or possibly the heat has lessened enough to allow for greener, fuller plants...so, perhaps I'm kidding myself. :) At any rate, it's been fun setting everything up and getting everything all unpacked.
I've got a job! A part-time job that is...which is really great for now! I'm substitute teaching for the primary, middle, and high school at Qatar Academy, an IB-structured private school here. I had my first two days with them last week teaching second grade. They were so cute and excited about learning. We did math and reading and coloring and such, which was such a trip. They really liked me, too, and wanted me to be their teacher next year. :) I just had an interview at the high school for substituting and will be working there also. I am having a blast with it and am looking forward to the next time I'm called in.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home